Tuesday 3 August 2010

All fired up…

…even though I’m shattered.  When Chris left for work just before seven yesterday  morning I got up and headed to my desk to start a new page in my art journal before the kids woke up.  I think I have been bitten by the bug after this weekend.  I found it hard to get to sleep as the ideas for pages were bouncing round in my head.

I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and it gave me permission to do “something” with the pages I’d prepared in my journal. It could well have stayed a book full of backgrounds, not there is anything wrong with that, but that’s not what I did it for.  So far the three pages are all about me but I' don’t think that there will be a theme for the book.  I’ve already planned to create or buy a smaller book to work in and have dug out old art supplies from my college days which saves a few pennies.  Having said that I have a huge paint shopping list now…eeek.

So, quickly, here’s a page I started while at AFTH. 

sunglasses

And one I was working on yesterday making use of the new goodies I picked up while I was there.

nomore

And finally another quick page I did this morning. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with this one but then the words just seemed to flow.

FI

On top of the huge shop I did over the weekend for some things that quite honestly, I needed, I’ve been on to Amazon this morning and ordered a couple of books to help give me a bit more of a creative boost.

JournalJunkies Kaleidoscope

So there we have it, the beginnings of my art journaling story and I’m loving it. 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning work. I admire your commitment!

Julia Dunnit said...

wonderful stuff Vicki, am full of admiratio for your go with the flowness. And your get out of bedness!

purply bunny said...

they are pretty :D well done

chrisg said...

I guess your hooked LOL!

AMAZING first pages Vicki - you've a natural for it for sure.

Rosie said...

Hi Vicki, followed you here from UKS (where I'm Zullybelle). Seems like we got bitten by the same bug - these pages are BRILLIANT and have really inspired me!!

Jacqui Chimes said...

I love how you finished your page Vicki and the two new ones - i have done a couple too and will post on my blog soon! It was a good weekend wasn't it?

Kit said...

I am loving your work, inpiring!

Kit said...

your work is gorgeous and inspiring!

Scrapping4fun said...

Hi is the Journal Workshop book anygood? I saw it on Amazon and wondered about it.