Friday, 14 December 2012
Thursday, 13 December 2012
Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Sunday, 9 December 2012
Sunday, 18 November 2012
Now that we’ve been up and running for a little while here at a sprinkle of imagination (asoi) , we’ve decided we should bring some fun into our lives and start getting even more creative, so we’d like to have a design team!
We’re looking for designers, from within the EU, who would commit to an initial six month term. We’re also looking for Guest Designers who can commit do joining our team for a month at some point during 2013, to help promote the products available from our online store. If you’re not familiar go take a look, we have everything from scrapbook papers to jewellery making supplies and lots of art supplies. These are the products you would be working with as a member of our design team.
Have a read through the requirements and the benefits and get in touch with us by the 3rd December if you are interested. Don’t be shy! If you have any questions then email us at email@example.com
- You must have an active blog and be prepared to link to a sprinkle of imagination for products used where applicable.
- You should be able to take clear photos of your projects.
- You will be expected to post a minimum of three projects per month using mainly products available from a sprinkle of imagination (a combination of challenge examples, your own posts etc)
- You must be prepared to have your project photo’s used on our Facebook page and on any asoi galleries in use.
- You must be prepared to promote asoi from your blog, facebook profile & forums etc.
- You must be prepared to design and take part in asoi challenges.
- You must be prepared to design projects with step by step guides.
- Write reviews on new products as appropriate.
- You must create original pieces of work exclusively for asoi .
- Upload DT blog posts to the asoi blog and your own blog, linking to the product pages for products used in your projects (I can help if you get lost!)
- We are looking for people who make one or more of the following types of projects: art journals, altered art, scrapbooking, card making and jewellery making.
- We stock a range of art & mixed media supplies so you must be prepared to use these types of products in your projects.
- If you are successful then we will wish to share a profile of you on the design team blog to introduce you!
- Regular design team packages.
- Discount on all orders at asoi.
- Exposure on the store blog, our facebook page and website.
- The chance to be challenged to try something new!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd December 2012 with:
- An introduction telling us about yourself to include
- where you are from,
- what sort of crafting you love most
- what you would like to try
- a link to your blog and any online galleries you upload your projects to
- details of any forums you are a member of
- details of any other designs teams you are currently on or have been on within the last 12 months.
- Photos of three of your favourite projects
- Tell us why you’d like to be on this design team
Saturday, 17 November 2012
Thursday, 15 November 2012
Wednesday, 14 November 2012
Tuesday, 13 November 2012
Sunday, 4 November 2012
Tuesday, 16 October 2012
Monday, 8 October 2012
A little while ago, over on Collabor-ART, I signed up to do a Pairs Journal with the incredibly talented Palma, and after a mahooosive fight with my sewing machine I have finally made my journal. I know I could have used a ready made one, but I see this as a chance to play and try something new. So, one piece of canvas, a selection of different papers in different sizes and a good dollop of swearing, here it is! I’m now just keeping my fingers crossed that it makes it Palma in one piece. If it doesn’t survive I’ll just have to rebind it. No biggy but I’d love it to stay in one piece.
I’m really looking forward to seeing this journal evolve over the coming months, or however long it is until we’ve finished. The idea is that you work on each others pages, so I’ve started mine off with a few backgrounds.
The backgrounds above and below have been started off using Gelli Plates. I really want more time to play with these.
And this one is a stencil – one of my favourites at the moment.
And finally the front of the journal. No closure on it as yet as I couldn’t decide what I wanted to do, or restrict how thick it gets. I may work on the cover some more when I next see it, or Palma is welcome to work on the cover if she so chooses.
Saturday, 15 September 2012
This is not normal behaviour for me but WHOOP WHOOP!!
That’s me! “Designer Vicki Abrathat….”
I cannot tell you how absolutely thrilled I am to be in the October edition of Scrap365. I bolted to the front door when the postie came this morning and I heard the thud of something heavier than the phone bill landing.
Not just one page either….
Not even two pages – a whopping four page feature!! I did not expect that I can tell you. I won’t share all four pages just in case you’ve not got your hands on a copy yet. But I can highly recommend this edition! I can’t say enough how thrilled I am to see my project and how it’s been presented. I really do hope you all love it too.
What’s more in the Scrappers Bazaar on pages 18 & 19 there’s a fabulous giveaway from a great little shop I know.
I’m now going to spend the day with a huge smile on my face while I bake pies and cupcakes.
Wednesday, 12 September 2012
Thursday, 6 September 2012
A couple of years ago I took part in a 365 challenge, needless to say I didn’t get very far. I think a daily commitment is something I struggle with. Having said that I’ve been revisiting some of the photo’s I took and this is one of my favourites. Another reminder of why I should use the camera more often!
Monday, 3 September 2012
Wednesday, 22 August 2012
Ah, lampwork beads. Oh how I adore you.
These are my latest beads, not made by me you understand, but from Mangobeads. I’ve always wanted to create my own and I’m lucky enough to have a tutor with a fantastic reputation less than half an hour away, but I resist. Why? Because I know I will be addicted to it. I know myself well enough to know I’ll want all the gear and we have nowhere for me to set up shop. I know I’ll want to spend hours perfecting my idea’s and learning techniques. I love working with silver art clay, but don’t have the time to do that, especially when the kiddiewinks are about, so what chance to I have with molten glass?! None. So for now I will resign myself to swooning and supporting some of the amazingly talented lampwork artists there are out there, and when I have finished ooohing and ahhhhing I’ll even string them so I can wear them.
Monday, 20 August 2012
Friday evening I got an hour to myself as everyone went out. Just an hour? Yep, just an hour, but it was enough to get another overdue circle journal done and an overdue piece of Mail Art done. It must have sparked something in me as I sat and did the next circle journal as well. Painterly love at last, and what’s more it’s all winging it way to the recipients courtesy of Royal Mail with one CJ homeward bound early. I’m feeling quite pleased with myself for finally catching up, although not so please for falling behind in the first place.
Tuesday, 7 August 2012
Monday, 6 August 2012
Tuesday, 17 July 2012
Raspberry Pudding 12x12 double sided paper.
The new Domestic Goddess collection from 7 Dots Studio. I can honestly say I adore this collection, and we hope to have it in store early – mid August!
Proudly Handcrafted 12x12 double sided paper
12 x12 Collage Sheet