Thursday 23 December 2010

It must be time for new challenges

You know, and I know, that I am utterly useless at keeping up annual or monthly challenges. This year I took part in LSNED and didn't finish.  At the start of the year I meant to look at the Document:2010 project on UKS....and forgot.  I haven't even looked at JYC this year.  So, for 2011 I've set myself a challenge of creating a weekly art journal calendar a la Kate Crane

So here are the first two weeks all ready to go.  I figured that as I love doing my art journal, then this surely must be an easy to do.  No photo's to take or print out and that means a distinct lack of feeling the need to colour match.  Using up lots of scraps of scrapbook paper to make the daily journalling squares.  Surely it has to tick some boxes as well as making a dent in my stash mountain, albeit a small one. 

I'm doing this in an A5 greyboard sketchbook from paperchase and it feels good to have put it to use. Pages are ready to go not just for the first two weeks, but the first six.  I figure by giving myself a head start I stand a fighting chance of doing this.

My next crafty task is indeed to look back over the Document: 2010 prompts (I have them all downloaded) and maybe make a Document: 2011 album.

So what crafty challenges are you planning to take part in next year then?

7 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

Heyyyy, nice work ;-) So glad that you decided to do a calendar journal, and it looks great.
Happy Christmas.

Angie said...

You have made very good points about not using photos and colour matching and using up stash....by the way that is an amazing frost photo on the previous post. Happy Christmas.xx

Rosie said...

I'm doing it too! Got my January page made ready, but just in case .... I've incorporated it into my regular journal, then I won't feel guilty if I don' finish. I did manage LSNED but flunked out of Document 2010 in about May.

Kirsti said...

This looks great so far...Finished 2010 and so pleased with how it turned out...I did what Rosie did and have it scattered thru my journal as well...xxx

Unknown said...

This is really great!!!!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Great work there, good luck with the challenge :) Hope you had a merry Christmas - all the best for 2011

Chell said...

Really liking the idea of having a go at an art journal but just to get back into crafting after a few month's of rough times....

All the best for your 2011 challenge and for 2011 it's self have a good one....