Sunday 27 March 2011

another journal

 

ABJ2

I recently spent yet another fabulous weekend at Art from the Heart, this time creating an Altered Book Journal.   Since then I’ve slowly been building my pages.  Not sure why but I have decided that I want to get every page ready to journal on and then I’ll write in it.

The weekend was full of tips and ideas, as you would expect from Dyan, on ways in which to make your journal more interesting with lots of hidden pockets, tags, trims, drawers and places to tuck stuff away. 

ABJ1

As yet I haven’t done anything with the cover and am undecided if I want to do anything with it. 

ABJ3

Here are a few of the pages that are ready…..

ABJ4            ABJ5   ABJ6

       ABJ8  ABJ9

ABJ7

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Luna Art said...

Stunning journal! I would so like to do a workshop at art from the heart but I live to far away! Looks like it was a good workshop, your journal is amazing x

Unknown said...

Wow! This is such a gorgeous journal! I love your pages inside!

Jules said...

Ooh that looks fabulous! I'd love to do a workshop at Art from the Heart too, maybe one day... :D

Sarah said...

This is the altered book you started the other week? it's FAB!

I love love love ABs, but have never thought to use one as a personal journal - have used them as CJs though.

I particularly like the bathing lady tag behind the wavy strips

Sarah said...

PS and the page edges with all the beads and trims - as we would say down here in Wiltshire - that's gert lush!

Bernice Hopper said...

Fabulous pages

Rosie said...

Oh aren't these wonderful - you must be Dyan's best pupil! Your pages make me want to write on them myself ...