Wednesday 22 August 2012

swoon….

il_570xN.340349265

Ah, lampwork beads. Oh how I adore you.

These are my latest beads, not made by me you understand, but from Mangobeads. I’ve always wanted to create my own and I’m lucky enough to have a tutor with a fantastic reputation less than half an hour away, but I resist. Why? Because I know I will be addicted to it. I know myself well enough to know I’ll want all the gear and we have nowhere for me to set up shop. I know I’ll want to spend hours perfecting my idea’s and learning techniques. I love working with silver art clay, but don’t have the time to do that, especially when the kiddiewinks are about, so what chance to I have with molten glass?! None. So for now I will resign myself to swooning and supporting some of the amazingly talented lampwork artists there are out there, and when I have finished ooohing and ahhhhing I’ll even string them so I can wear them.

il_570xN.343555719

No comments: