Tuesday 2 July 2013

ten minute tuesday

hello there! 

Summer seems to be coming in fast and the school holidays are a mere three weeks away for us. 

I dread them. 

Not because I don't love my kids, or spending time with them, but. Yeah, but.  I get nothing done while they are home so much. Working for myself becomes very hard and as for time to create, well, yeah, you can almost kiss that one away. 

On the plus side I'm lucky enough to have dearest darling hubby at home with me for the bulk of the school holidays. As a result, this year we have planned oooooodles of days out to keep the kids amused and get them nicely knackered.
 Its a plan.
 That means most of my ten minutes have been spent dreaming up and booking up some great days out. 
It had better work! I couldn't cope with a summer full of grizzles. 

I did manage some more traditional creative time this week, with my art journal. 

Confession....
  • I spent about twenty minutes drawing on this... in one go. 
  • I've been backwards and forward to laying down the colour for at least an hour at a time. 
So , not strictly ten minutes. More a gathering of ten minute sessions.




You can probably tell I used a page that had gesso on it. Why? It was the next page in my journal and I didn't give it a second thought. I've done the drawings using Pigma Micron pens (here in the shop) and Derwent watercolour pencil (I don't sell them as I you can get them cheaper elsewhere than I can get them!)

I've had a new set of Derwent Coloursoft pencils arrive today so I'm off for a play with them now.

Happy Creating and don't forget to link up if you've joined me this week. Links run until midnight next Monday. 

4 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

STUNNING! Loving your artwork Vicki

Ali said...

Gorgeous! Love your drawings and the pretty colours. Did you colour the background first or just draw first and then colour around the flowers as well as on them?

Ali

VickiA said...

Thank you Gez!

Ali, the drawings came first and then I've coloured around them. There are lots of layers of colour there.

Suzy said...

These sre stunning Vicki just love them