Thursday 4 December 2008

Looking forward.


Welcome to Day 4 of my Christmas Journal.

Today's prompt, as I have interpreted it, is all about dreams of your perfect Christmas. Very little in a house with small children is perfect, as many of you will know, but this year I get the feeling it will be even better than last year. The children are a year older after all. Jamie is constantly asking when will Father Christmas be coming.



The background photo to this page is of my Christmas door wreath. Last year was the first time I've hung one out as I've never been able to find one I like and I'm far too lazy to make one. My perfect wreath then.

I've also taken an idea from Shimelle's prompt where she has written all her journaling on the reverse of her page. I had so much I wanted to say on this one, but wanted to use a really big photo and not have it too hidden, whereas I don't mind my journaling being hidden. I have left a small note to hint that turning over will reveal my inner most thoughts.
This hidden journaling talks about my wish for a Christmas where there are no tantrums, food stays on plates and not all over the floor and presents are loved. Where Santa brings the housework fairies with him and they stay to sort out the dishes and clear up the discarded wrapping paper making my house shine like a new pin. Whatever happens, and the latter is highly unlikely, I know I will just love my Christmas as I'll be with the people who matter most to me.
And now, I wish you sweet dreams about your perfect Christmas.

8 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

Beautiful page, represents perfection very nicely indeed!

Lynne.W said...

lovely page and lovely sentiments too.

Paige said...

Lovely LO. I must add those Housework Fairys to my christmas list as well ;)

Anonymous said...

Lovely page, and I love how you've used the journaling birdie!

sandra@gottacraft.co.uk said...

Your journal is just beautiful :)

Heather said...

beautiful page! I think I would like some of those Fairies myself! ;)

Julie said...

Beautiful Page.

Angela said...

That is a beautiful wreath and fab LO