Sunday 7 December 2008

Reflections....

....Of Christmas Past.

This, for me, was the toughest prompt so far, but I decided to do one good memory and one not so good memory. The good memory takes centre stage at the top of the page and the reflection of a memory that is not so cherished, but clearly remembered is on the lower half of the page.

My good Christmas is the first Christmas that Chris and I were together. He introduced me to new traditions. Firstly a small present on Christmas Eve. Secondly, saving a main present until Christmas afternoon. I had a childhood where you got up, piled all your presents in front of you and opened them. You then spent the rest of the day playing with them or ignoring them. But that was it. It was over. Time for lunch, washing up, tea making and TV. No longer is that the case. This year we intend to bad TV on Boxing Day as well. You'll have to check back to see how a CBeebies free day goes!

My not so cherished memory is from last year. At the beginning of December I had a huge fight with my parents, and the damage still hasn't really been repaired. These things happen, but at the time it made the run up to Christmas very stressful, especially when the phone rang.

This Christmas will be very different to last year.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Beautiful!! your chipboard hearts are really pretty :)